Updated on July 21, 2017
How to Recover Damaged and Corrupted Data from an External HD
Recovering corrupted and tampered data from external hard disk drives is among the most frequent tasks that require us to invest hours on it. Though external hard disk data recovery is a tedious work, it’s no longer termed as a hopeless undertaking. A hard drive is now an indispensable part of our lives because it’s used to store all of our electronic data like music, pictures, videos etc in it. The results of the failure of these external disc drives can be annihilating. Therefore, external hard disk data recovery is a necessity to save ourselves from the devastating effects of the loss of crucial data such as financial information, pictures, official documents etc…
A Few of the reasons which result from the collapse of hard drives are as follows:-
- Due to the Negligence of the user, the hard disk can fall of from their hand leading to physical damages being made to the hard disk drive.
- The hard disk drives May get overheated because of the lack of sufficient ventilation methods.
The above causes are few of the most commonly appearing faults which makes the job of external data recovery Tampa Florida even more important. Once a hard disk drive gets damaged, we should not retain the damaged device for more usage as it may lead to further deterioration of the system. A repair utility should also not be carried out on the data of a damaged drive as it may transform all the retrievable data to an irretrievable form.External hard drive Data recovery can be carried out easily by taking advantage of one of the available data recovery tools such as Data Clinic, EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard etc..
The working of a data recovery tool can be illustrated by the following steps:-
- Loss of data due to virus attacks or hard disk drive damages are regarded as high priority situations which require immediate attention. The various technicians determine whether the drive can be accessed using the lab equipments. If the damaged disk can be retrieved, an image of all of the data on this disk is copied to a different disk.
- If the damaged disk can’t be reached, the degree of damage is determined.
- The failed or damaged parts can be replaced by the new components so as to perform recovery.
- The low level data sectors are analyzed carefully by the technicians in the event of logical drive recovery.
- In the end, the data files are extracted by de-stripping the servers containing many drives.
Any of the available Recover data tools may be used by the people to recoup their damaged disk drives. Since these tools are innumerous, recovery of lost or corrupted data is no longer impossible.